Sunday, April 10, 2005

I am a Complete Idiot.

...as my wife had the pleasure of informing me this morning.

Why?

Well some friends of mine sometimes put on all night parties of trance music. I sometimes DJ at these parties too. Well, anyways, I no longer enjoy to spend the entire night at these parties as I am not as young as I used to be; and, I then end up too tired and grumpy for days.

So, what I do, now, is wake up early early and pop down to the party in the morning.

There I was, this morning, standing at the door, dressed up, quiet as a mouse so as not to disturb Sandra and...

no car keys. I could not find them anywhere....

I now know I left them upstairs at Robbie's flat when I went up there yesterday.

No comments:

...

.. It's in words that the magic is -- Abracadabra, Open Sesame, and the rest -- but the magic words in one story aren't magical in the next. The real magic is to understand which words work, and when, and for what; the trick is to learn the trick. ... And those words are made from the letters of our alphabet: a couple-dozen squiggles we can draw with the pen. This is the key! And the treasure, too, if we can only get our hands on it! It's as if - as if the key to the treasure is the treasure! ------- John Barth, Chimera