Sunday, February 19, 2006

Scrambled Kefir Eggs

For those who do not know; Sandra has become a Kefir culturer. And every day I enjoy the product of her work (normally at breakfast time.)

This evening I was asked to quickly make a supper. So I made scrambled eggs with tomato, bell pepper and onion. But when I beat the eggs before adding them to the pan I added a little of our new "secret" ingredient. I did this without telling Sandra.

I later served supper. Sandra initially was a bit nonplussed about the idea of scrambled eggs for supper. But after she had her first taste, she said to me:-

"How did you make the eggs taste so nice?"

And I replied:-

"Kefir".

later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i would like to eat some kefir scrambled eggs. i am tired of dog food.

...

.. It's in words that the magic is -- Abracadabra, Open Sesame, and the rest -- but the magic words in one story aren't magical in the next. The real magic is to understand which words work, and when, and for what; the trick is to learn the trick. ... And those words are made from the letters of our alphabet: a couple-dozen squiggles we can draw with the pen. This is the key! And the treasure, too, if we can only get our hands on it! It's as if - as if the key to the treasure is the treasure! ------- John Barth, Chimera