Monday, September 11, 2006

Sandra is busy packing presents she is sending out to lucky recipients and there is a beautiful Jazz being played. I think its Jazz.. it might not be; I am not very good at distinguishing genre. Maybe its Latin American. I had better ask.

"Sandra, what kind of music is this?"
"I don't know..."

Oh well.. Its nice and I am enjoying it.

I went back to work today; and one of the rituals of returning to work after an absence longer than just a few days is one has to go through a ritual at the surgery at the mill. This involves mostly sitting and waiting in the waiting room; and watching people with damaged feet or carrying packages of AIDs medicine walk past you. I must have sat there for at least two hours; but, I was wise enough to have brought my iPod. So I sat there listening to music and chilling out. I was leaning forward elbows on my knees and looking downwards... and I could not believe my eyes. I suddenly realised I was wearing two different kinds of shoes. Luckily they were both black. We went to my parents for dinner tonight and I showed everyone my silly shoes. My father told me, he once went to work (many many many years ago) wearing one brown shoe and one black shoe; after getting dressed in the dark not to disturb my sleeping mother. My mother then told me; that she at work today had an individual sitting in the room wearing his shoes the wrong way round. Yip. He was wearing his left shoe on his right foot and his right shoe on his left foot. She said this made it very difficult to concentrate every time she looked up and saw him.

Its getting close to midnight...

later....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ilan

Heard you had been ill and wanted to wish you a speedy recovery.. and shana tova at the same time.
Send me your email address.
Andile
(danielsolarsh@yahoo.com)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ilan,

For some reason, you popped into my thoughts today... so off I went to Google and found this blog....
and it's so odd for me because the Ilan I recall and the one on the blog- well, I suppose they must be the same person?

Anyhow, this is just a quick post to wish you and your family (you're married now, right?) a chag sameach and shana tova.

I've gathered from the site that you hadn't been very well in the last few months- so, lots of all the best health to you as well.

I'm still living in London by the way. If you want, drop me an email on raphael.smith@lineone.net...
we can have a grown up catch up...

Raphael

...

.. It's in words that the magic is -- Abracadabra, Open Sesame, and the rest -- but the magic words in one story aren't magical in the next. The real magic is to understand which words work, and when, and for what; the trick is to learn the trick. ... And those words are made from the letters of our alphabet: a couple-dozen squiggles we can draw with the pen. This is the key! And the treasure, too, if we can only get our hands on it! It's as if - as if the key to the treasure is the treasure! ------- John Barth, Chimera