Thursday, March 03, 2005

Jooppiidee Joop Joop

Last night for Robbie's birthday we went to Joop's place.

Here we all ordered the perfect fillet and pepper sauce steaks. My favourite, favourite favourite favourite, favourite meal.

(Except for Sandra who got a vegetarian platter.)

I gave Robbie the 2005 Guinness Book of World Records as a birthday present.

Sandra also got me to buy him a cake, into which she stuck three candles for the 30 year old.

The evening was a joy, and everybody was chatting away.

Sandra, about her courses...
Me, about my how clever I am...
Robbie and Daddy, about legal stuff...
Mommy was more listening to other people, than creating topics...

And all of us about the Shaik trial.

It was a lovely celebratory evening.

Tonight Sandra and I are going to the annual Homeopathy dinner and shin-dig at Kathmandu. (The bar not the country.)

So, tonight, I will get to meet some of the people she has talked about when telling me about her days at the DIT.

yada yada...

No comments:

...

.. It's in words that the magic is -- Abracadabra, Open Sesame, and the rest -- but the magic words in one story aren't magical in the next. The real magic is to understand which words work, and when, and for what; the trick is to learn the trick. ... And those words are made from the letters of our alphabet: a couple-dozen squiggles we can draw with the pen. This is the key! And the treasure, too, if we can only get our hands on it! It's as if - as if the key to the treasure is the treasure! ------- John Barth, Chimera