Thursday, March 10, 2005

Official Apology to the chihuahua!

I received the following official complant to my Daf Yomi post:

First of all I have to object to being characterized as "a modern orthodox friend". I am none of those. I really don't approve of modern orthodox as an appellation or as identity. And I am certainly not a friend of Ilan's whom I have never met.

I am a chihuahua, and it is my group.

Okay the group is actually managed by my owner's husband who is a friend of the blogger, but otherwise shares my opinions of modern orthodoxy. Also would not like to have my owner herself see him called modern orthodox because that could get him into trouble.

Also the blogger here should have linked the group or at least the thread so people could see the responses of other group memebers to his post.

I wonder what he thinks he's getting away with here. If I could reach him I would bite him.


In response.

(1) I apologise for incorrectly boxing this chihuahua into the modern orthodox appelation. He is whatever he says he is - and if anyone out there in the universe was misled by my label, I ask that you understand that I was wrong.

(2) Here is the link to the daf yomi group. link,

(3) I have appended the responses to that specific post to the Daf Yomi group. link.

(4) I will edit out the offending words from the original post
.
I hope you do, sir, accept my apology and do not dream about biting me any longer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a female chihuahua!

I am appalled and disgusted that you continue to refer to me as "he" and "sir". Clearly this belies a narrow minded chauvinism with regard to small breeds and perhaps all breeds of canine.

perhaps you are also prejudiced against latin americans?

I hope that you have carpet on the floors of your home, I will endeavor to bring you a special gift to demonstrate my regard for you and your so-called apologies!

...

.. It's in words that the magic is -- Abracadabra, Open Sesame, and the rest -- but the magic words in one story aren't magical in the next. The real magic is to understand which words work, and when, and for what; the trick is to learn the trick. ... And those words are made from the letters of our alphabet: a couple-dozen squiggles we can draw with the pen. This is the key! And the treasure, too, if we can only get our hands on it! It's as if - as if the key to the treasure is the treasure! ------- John Barth, Chimera