Thursday, March 24, 2005

Promotion!

Well I got my promotion today! I have been promised it for well over a year now. But I made a decision to actively and relentlessly pursue it; after four months ago I got assurances from senior management that it would happen. And today I received my new salary!

I love Adar.

Tonight is also Purim. And its a nice very long weekend on the way.

Sandra got 70% (or 21 out of 30) on her chemistry test - which has made her quite happy.

On a sour note, our vacuum cleaner broke and we need to buy a new one.

Sandra wanted me to sit and examine the different vacuum cleaners being sold at the local hypermarkets. Ugggggg! I tried to - but it was really boring - so I had to put my foot down after the first ten minutes and say "no more!".

later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, congratulations from Germany to Ilan´s promotion and to Sandra´s chemistry-success!!! uhhhh, Chemie - Sandra, Du Wahnsinnige, wie schaffst Du das??? Bin sehr beeindruckt!
I finally managed to look after your homepage, nice to read what you are doing everyday there in Durban.
Best regards from Giessen (spring has finally found us!) :-) from Inga!

...

.. It's in words that the magic is -- Abracadabra, Open Sesame, and the rest -- but the magic words in one story aren't magical in the next. The real magic is to understand which words work, and when, and for what; the trick is to learn the trick. ... And those words are made from the letters of our alphabet: a couple-dozen squiggles we can draw with the pen. This is the key! And the treasure, too, if we can only get our hands on it! It's as if - as if the key to the treasure is the treasure! ------- John Barth, Chimera